I'm Not A Journalist

I thought I would have so much fun in this class writing an article about something that I feel is important. I have been affected by the body positivity movement in so many ways and I am still on that journey. The women involved in the movement have created an online community where I can go at any time to listen to their little gems of wisdom,  hear their battle tales and feel connected to someone who has felt the way I am feeling. All of those women have been through the things I have been through and in most cases worse, because of their place in the public eye. I thought I would have it easy contacting some of these ladies for their input for my article. I was so wrong on all counts.
I am miserable writing this story. I can't get a direct quote from anyone. I have too many ideas so I can't focus. I have not found a good lede or a good angle. I have come to realize I am not a journalist. I do not understand the rules to writing an article. I cannot take myself out of it.
I want to quit. I feel resigned to the idea that I will not have my story in the magazine, because I will never finish it. I have never been so frustrated about writing in my life. I have hit a true writiers block and I can't seem to get out of it.
What was I thinking?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman