2014, What a Year!

2014 has been one of the most draining years of my life. I have dealt with so many huge issues this year, all while feeling like I am quite literally losing my mind. I used to be so articulate and smart. I'm not bragging, it's just true. recently I have lost my ability to think and retain information. It's getting very annoying, because I am not confused about it. I know it's happening and I can see people looking at me when I'm trying to form a thought into words.

I am struggling with my writing and school work in areas that I have never had issues in the past. I am feeling inadequate and a little bit lost.

This issue has complicated my year in many ways, but I am here. I'm sitting in front of my computer typing this goodbye letter to 2014 and welcoming 2015.

I have to apologize to 2015 in advance because I will continue to write 2014 for at least 2 months. It's not that I don't appreciate 2015, it's just that 2014 and I have history, and old habits die hard.

I have accomplished a lot in the past year. I racked up the units in school. I quit one job and started another. I pushed myself. I stepped out of my comfort zone. I made new friends.

I questioned myself and proved myself. I've wanted to quit things and instead stuck them out. I've wanted to quit things and done it - which felt amazing. I've stood up for my self and I've stood up for my kids. I've stepped up to help others and I've  received help in return. I've lost weight and gained it back. I've learned a lot this year, but I've also forgotten a lot. Don't ask me what, because I don't remember.

I have a few goals for myself in 2015. I like lists, so let's make a list!
1. Graduate! I'm almost there, so this one shouldn't be too hard.
2. Take better care of myself. Mind, body, spirit!
3. Visit my family who live in the area. I make too many excuses.
4. Nurture my friendships old and new. Open myself up to trusting new people and let go of people who don't express interest in me.
5. Ask for help when I need it.
6. Strive to do my best, but don't be too hard on myself.
7. Practice patience with my kids and let them be themselves, even if it's annoying for them to do so in the middle of my homework sessions.
8. Read more
9. Love my body in its current state and advocate for body love in others
10. Spend less, save more. Stop and think about why I want to buy things (usually it's because I'm bored)
11. find new and unexpected ways to show my husband how much I appreciate him

Once again I will leave this list here, so I can come back and cry about the things I did not accomplish. This time I expect to cry a lot less. I have purposely given myself goals which have a lot of room for interpretation.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you find ways to let go of past missteps while learning from them, and ways to move forward toward your new goals in the new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman