On becoming a LUSH, part 1

No I'm not talking about drinking too much wine and embarrassing my husband. I'm talking about bath time. If you've never heard of LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, or visited one of their stores, you are missing out. Their products are Fresh and Handmade...duh. The stores smell amazing because most of the products are just piled on trays and plates, unpackaged. You can pick up and try anything in the store, just ask a sales associate. They will be happy to throw a Bath Bomb into a giant bucket of water so you can see how it fizzes.

On a recent trip to my local mall I made a stop in this store to have a look around. After our bathroom remodel, I wanted to try out our new tub and wanted some accoutrements. I left with a few seasonal bath bombs shaped like bunnies for my daughters (Hoppity Poppity). A Big Blue Bath Bomb, a Honey Bee Bath Bomb, a Sakura Bath Bomb, a French Kiss Bubble Bar, and two Massage bars (Yes Yes Yes and Dirty).

My girls loved the Hoppity Poppity bath bombs. They made the water pink, and on top of the usual effervescence they were studded with pop rocks.

My first bath in the brand new tub was with the Big Blue bath bomb. It smells amazing with Lavender and Lemon oils. It is a huge bomb, as most of them are.
 
 
I forgot to take  a photo before I threw it in the bath so I stole this one from LUSH's website. As the bomb fizzed away, the water turned a lovely aqua blue.
 
 
 
The amount of seaweed that came out of the bomb worried me. I thought I was going to clog the drain, but it is very soft and it turned out not to be an issue.
 
 
As you can see it was quite a lot. 

 
I would definitely get this bath bomb again. Next time I will probably tie it up in a piece of old nylons, as the website suggests , to keep the big pieces collected. Although it wasn't a problem this time, I don't want to risk it.
 
Last night I tried the Honey Bee bomb.
 
 
This bomb is packed with good stuff: Honey, Aloe, Rhassoul mud, sweet wild orange oil, bergamot oil, and gardenia extract. This is another huge bomb. It fizzes for a long time, which I feel is mostly because it doesn't have a bunch of chunky stuff in it. It is a straight up fizzy bath bomb.
 
 
 
How's that for an action shot?

 
This bomb smelled so good that I was actually mad that I needed to shower after t wash my hair, because I knew that it would wash away the smell of it on my skin. I'm always skeptical about the supposed benefits of these types of things. I use them because I like the novelty of the fizzing and I like the way they smell. They make me feel pampered for relatively cheap, which is always nice.
 
I noticed an improvement in the smoothness of my skin after bathing with this bomb. I have very itchy skin on my legs and have suffered with this for years. I was not cured by any means, but I went a full day and evening without itching, which is really saying something in my case.
 
My only complaint about this one was the color of the water. The website says it will be a caramel color, but it was NOT caramel color and it did not make me feel sexy (which I want a bath to do!) I'll let you be the judge.
 
Bath in dirty Mountain Dew, anyone?
 
Now, I usually have (ahem) issues with bubble baths, so I stay far away from them, but I think I will  eventually give this a try. My daughter has used the bubble bar and loves it. It smells really good, with lavender, rosemary and thyme. It looks like a purple and white, giant Hershey Kiss with a twig of lavender sticking out of it. I recommend trying to break a piece off before sticking it under the water. I held the whole thing under there the first time and it was falling apart more than the sales-woman indicated it would.
 
 
 
These bubble bars are reusable and should last 5-6 baths, unless you are into the super fluffy super bubble baths, then it might last 3. I used maybe a tablespoon sized chunk.
 

  
The longer the water runs the fluffier the bubbles become. I also find that they last longer than most bottled bubbles, which is fun for kids, because you can make more Santas and Lincolns in one bath.
 
 
I still have a few more to try from this trip, so you will have to stay tuned. 


 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman