Pink Lipstick Makes Me Feel Pretty

I recently received three new, pink lipsticks in a swap with one of those awesome online friends I have never met in real life, but whom I have known for about 15 years. I decided I would try each of them and share my impressions with all of you.

I'm going to go from pale to bright - just because I feel like it.

#1
 
 
 
First I tried City Colors Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini. The color was subtle and a little paler than I usually like. It wasn't as creamy as I was expecting and had a more velvety feel. There is a slight rose scent, which I was really not a fan of. After a little while, I blotted to see if this "stain" had any staying power and it came right off.
 
 
 
I wouldn't buy this color for myself,  but it will go into my make-up stash at home in case I find occasion for it. maybe for a job interview or something?
 
 
#2
 
 
Next up was NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Susie (BLS12) This is an easy lipstick to wear. It is smooth and surprisingly pigmented for a "butter" style lipstick. It feels almost like a balm. There is no scent - which I LOVE! The color is between a salmon and coral. This one goes in the make-up bag. It is a great summer color and I will probably use the whole thing, because it feels so nice on my lips.
 
 
 
Once I finish the tube, I would definitely buy this one again.
 
 
#3

 
 
The last one I tried was J.Cat Beauty Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stain in LLS115. This was the brightest and most fun of all of the colors I tried. The creamy stain was actually creamy. I'm not sure how hydrating it was, but it felt smooth on my lips without being a gloppy mess. There was a minty scent, which I always associate with drying. It did not set as I had expected and I would not trust it on a night out to stay put and stay off of my teeth. I did give it the blot test after wearing it for a while and even though it did transfer onto the tissue, there was still a lot of color left on my lips, which was a plus.
 
 
 
This color did not show up in the photo as vibrant as it looked in the mirror. This color will go in the stash so I can pull it out when the mood strikes. Maybe some occasion where I won't be eating. I would not buy this one again.
 
I hope you enjoyed this review. If so, I have a purple lipsticks review planned for the next week or so. Stay tuned.
 
 



 
 
 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman