Expect the Unexpected.

School is over I have officially started my externship. The externship is actually considered the last course of school before I am a graduate. It is 6 weeks long just like all of the other courses, but we do not go to class. Instead we go to work at a dentist office for a minimum of 180 hours to get on the job training and practice what we have learned in a clinical setting. I had major issues getting a site lined up. I was originally planning on going to a site in Mountain House, but the instructors wanted to send me to a site that they thought needed further evaluation as an extern site for them to use in the future. I agreed to go to that site and gave up Mountain House to my really good friend. Then I started having second thoughts about that site and when I told the program director about my thoughts she called the dentist herself and then decided I should not go there. I was all set up to go to another site that I had heard from a former student was really good. then the career services lady called them to find out what time I was supposed to start the following Monday (this was on a Tuesday) They said they decided they did not want to take an extern anymore because they didn't have enough hours to give me. So I went out and walked in to offices in Tracy trying to find a site for myself. I found a new office. it was really nice and the dentist there was actually related to my old dentist in Livermore. The career services person sent them the paperwork and assured me that I was all set to start there on Monday. She just needed to talk to the dentist one more time and that was supposed to happen on Friday morning. I called Friday morning and reminded her to call. I get a call back saying " I wish I had good news for you..." I went through every 3 letter text abbreviations you could think of. OMG WTF FML FTW LOL! So I start looking for another place and I get a call that The career services person found me a place. I was to go in and talk to them on Monday and start on Tuesday.
The place looked fine. A little slow and quiet, but that would be nice as a learning environment. but when i started on tuesday it was apparent that their polocies were a little lax. I have developed a twitch from the near constant state of "eeewwww really?" I am in. but I am dealing with it by doing things the way I know they should be done and ignoring the stares of "Why are you doing that?"

I have finished weening off of my Prozac. I'm not sure how I feel yet. I have been having crazy vivid dreams every night and I keep getting headaches and my anxiety is a little worse, but not much. I actually feel like I have more energy most of the time. I have been feeling like I need to create stuff. which I haven't felt in a while. I keep staring at my yarn stash and my fabric stash. I even feel like cleaning (especially that office)

Right now I am watching my grandma while my mom takes care of getting her real estate license renewed. spending time with her is kind of hard right now. She has gotten so skinny and her short term memory is shot to hell. She is taking a nap right now (so don't go thinking I am neglecting her to write a blog...) I prayed I would see dolphins today to lift my spirits and they were out there in full force earlier. jumping out of the water and spraying and creating a frenzy to get fish. It was amazing. It shows me that Papa is here with her and He wanted to make sure I knew he heard my prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman