Silence is golden

My oldest daughter participated in the day of silence today to bring attention to LBGT teen issues. For her it was a way to honor the LBGT teens that have either comitted suicide, or been victims of hate crimes because of their sexuality. She amazes me with her open mindedness and compassion towards people who have to deal with descrimination because of who they love. She is a firm believer in the statement "Sex doesn't matter" She told me that if you love someone then it shouldn't matter if they are man or woman or in the process of changing from one to the other. What an amazing 12 year old. I am so proud of her.

I have started a team for my local relay for life in Livermore, CA. I decided to get serious about it after a few months of tossing the idea around. It took all of 3 hours to get almost a full team of 10 ladies together. My husband decided to donate $100 which was my goal. So I raised my goal to motivate myself to continue collecting donations. I won't post a link on here but if you would like to donate to our team you can go on the relay for life website and find our team (B.F.F "Beat Fear by Fighting) to donate there.

I have been having a hard time recently with my depression and anxiety. I have had about a week of feeling really off. It's really hard to describe, but if I had to come up with a description I would call it tension. I feel tense. My jaw hurts, and it's not just from my wisdom teeth being puled. I have been clenching my jaw. I have muscle aches when I wake up from sleeping without being relaxed. I have been easily frustrated and angry at times and almost weepy at others. I have been sleeping too much as well. I can't figure out what to do, but I'm starting to think I need to just eat better food. It might sound a little hokey, but I think my diet is contributing to this recent change. In any event I need a chiropractor and a good massage to get me feeling normal to start off with.

Thanks for reading. I'm off to check on my progress on my relay for life team page before I head to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman