Kill the Buzz.


I set a goal of raising $200 in donations for Malaria nets. I always set goals and think "that won't be so hard" but then I get no donations. The Malaria nets are only $10 each. So I figured I could try to get 20 people to donate a net. We will see though. I would love to feel like I worked on something that is actually saving lives. If you want to donate here is the website I set up http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/goto/killthebuzz

I also posted it on Facebook. If you don't want to get emails from the foundation and all of that you can definitely contact me and send the donation to me by mail and I will make sure it is added to the total.

In other news my living room is a completely different place than it was a week ago. It's kind of crazy. We got couched from a friend, we bought a new entertainment center, coffee table, end table, ottomans, book shelves and a dvd shelf. it was a total mess in here for days. We finally got our income tax return and got our new TV. The old one was buzzing, and ... well let's just face it - it was old and huge and ugly. Steve has been shopping new TV's for about 2 years now, and this time we were able to get it. I am also paying off part of my school loan so I will only have the one payment once the deferment is over. I was anxious at first because of the change, it kind of felt like being at someone elses house. but I think all I had to do was identify what exactly about the room was making me feel that way and then I felt better.

So there you go. I killed the buzz in my living room by buying a new TV, and now that I've spent money on myself I want to spend money (and get you to spend money) on some people who are less fortunate by killing the buzz in their homes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman