Thank you for your opinions

I pretty much gather that most of who voted in my poll would like to hear about my depression and anxiety. I will continue with those updates. I will drop the weight loss updates. Other than that I will just write about things as the mood strikes. You will most likely hear about daily life - school and home because without those experiences -not much else I do makes sense. As I read books I will mention them, and when I am done, I will write reviews. As you know I have a bunch of kids, and my kids have a bunch of stuff, so I will write reviews of that stuff, and some of my own stuff from time to time as well. I will also keep the running list of the movies I watch. I have an old list, but I'm not sure if it is worth it to transfer that information here. If you are really interested in seeing the old list, comment this message and I will try to think of the best way to post that information. I will not write a film review, but I will let you know whether or not I liked it. My idea was to set a up a standard rating system, and just leave a number next to the title on the list. That way if it interests you check out the list. If not then you can read the posts without having to worry about reading a movie review.

I want to mention that I LOVE comments. If you have anything at all to say please leave a comment. Tell a related story, give your thoughts and opinions, add messages of encouragement, whatever! Comments are great they let me know whether or not you are reading, and what...if anything interests you about my posts and that will help make this blog better.

So here we go. I recently read a status update about moonsand that a friend wrote. I could have saved her a little trouble if I had shared my mommy knowledge sooner. My review of moonsand...
-I would buy it in the summer. It is better played with outside. The texture is not like sand. The texture and smell are like that of a extremely fine ground up rubber ball. It is fun, but it gets everywhere. When you smoosh it, it holds together, but it falls apart easily. I would not have it in my house if I had carpet. When the kids remember that they have it in the kitchen drawer. I will have them play outside. If it is impossible for them to play outside, I will prepare by getting out the biggest cookie sheet I have and setting them up with the sand on that. It might be even easier if you had that blow up sandbox thing they have in some of the larger moonsand kits. They play sitting on stools at the counter, and the floor is covered in newspaper as well as the counter under the cookie sheet. That way I just fold it all up and toss it after they are done.

I would recommend another sculpting material. It is less messy, has fun texture and is easily air dried to allow you to keep your kids creations. It's the Crayola Model Magic air dry clay. It's so light and super squishy. It dries easily, and you can even paint it after it dries if you only want to buy one color. I've never had any problems with it sticking to anything, and I let the ids play with it on the counter or Abby in her highchair.

I went to the library yesterday and Picked up a bunch of books. #1 on the list is Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I am starting with this one first, because it was a new release so I only get it for 7 days. I'm hoping to get half way through it over the weekend, so I can finish it in smaller sections after homework during the week.

Today's sanity levels: Anxiety -2, Depression -4. Pretty good today. I am a bit tired. I have been wanting to sleep, but I think that has more to do with the ugly weather than anything else. Who doesn't want to curl up on the couch with a book, or throw on a movie and a blanket and sleep when its foggy and cold outside?

Comments

  1. I let Stella play moonsand in a 9x13 tupperware, and that works pretty well. She's fairly tidy, though. I like that it doesn't dry out if we forget to seal it up. That is sooo worth it for me...I'm pretty distracted! We'll try the model magic!
    xo dance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Good Day!

HOLLYWOOD - The American Nightmare

A Book Review: The Rules of Magic, by Alice Hoffman